wlandymore

Creating an .msi package for setup.exe file....

I have a McAfee program file that will install virus software that I would like to be able to package up to deploy through a GPO in windows.
I tried to do this with the advanced installed but when I double click the .msi file after the build it doesn't seem to install it. It does create the folders with files in the directories that I've specified, but it doesn't have the icon on the taskbar and it doesn't go through the normal setup.exe options that ask for region and acceptance of the license aggreement.
How can I package the setup.exe file so that it will be compatible for the GPO, but still walk through the same setup that the regular .exe file did?
Is there a doc for this, etc.?
Cata

I think what you need is to start the setup.exe program after installing it on the target computer. A Custom Action would easily do that.

Regards,
Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
wlandymore

Is there some information in the help on how to get this kind of thing done. I haven't used this program, or the like before.
Cata

Yes, you can read all about Custom Actions in Help. Just hit F1 while looking at the Custom Actions page.

Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”