profquail

Choose signing certificate by thumbprint (hash)

When using a code-signing certificate from the system store (via signtool.exe), it'd be nice to be able to choose the certificate to use by it's thumbprint rather than auto-selecting the "best" one. I recently installed the latest Windows Azure SDK and it installed some new certificate in the system store, which signtool and Advanced Installer decided to use instead of my real certificate; I've updated my build scripts to specify the /sha1 switch instead of /a when calling signtool.exe, but unfortunately I have no way to do the same in Advanced Installer (other than exporting the certificate).
Bogdan

Re: Choose signing certificate by thumbprint (hash)

I've added this improvement to our list, it should be available in a future version, thank you for your recommendation.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
profquail

Thanks Bogdan! I'm looking forward to it!

Do you have an approximate timeframe as to when this feature will be available? I'm just trying to decide whether I need to implement a temporary solution for signing my installer .msi/.exe or if I should just wait for the next version of Advanced Installer.
Bogdan

I'm afraid this will not be included in the next version as other improvements were already scheduled for it, so I cannot give you an estimate.

If you are in a hurry I recommend to implement your temporary solution, and when Advanced Installer will include the improvement you can switch back to it.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan

Good news, we've just started working on this improvement and should be available in version 8.8 of Advanced Installer,
which is scheduled for release until the end of the year.

Regards,
Bogdan

Return to “Feature Requests”