cdellies

Sync Prerequisites Supported Windows Versions with Launch Conditions Supported Operating Systems

When I add new Prerequisites, the Install Conditions->Supported Windows Versions checkboxes do not match the Launch Condtions Supported Operating Systems. I guess I would expect that they match by default and/or that they would be in sync as I make changes to the Launch Conditions data.

Maybe there's a reason these two pieces of data are kept separate and not synchronized, but it's very easy to overlook keeping them in sync as the operating systems we support with our products change.

And the Prerequisites' Supported Windows Version section data is buried in a tab, so very easy to overlook.

We are using Advanced Installer 12.5.
Eusebiu

Re: Sync Prerequisites Supported Windows Versions with Launch Conditions Supported Operating Systems

Hi and welcome to our forums.

In order to set the prerequisites to be installed only on the Operating Systems selected in the "Launch Conditions" page, you can go in the "Prerequisites" page, select "Packages" and set the "Check predefined launch conditions before searching for prerequisites" option.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
cdellies

Re: Sync Prerequisites Supported Windows Versions with Launch Conditions Supported Operating Systems

Sorry, that did not solve the issue. The Install Conditions->Supported Windows Versions checkboxes are not updating as I change the Launch Conditions->Supported Operating Systems checkboxes.

As an additional check, I built an installer with the "Check predefined launch conditions before searching for prerequisites" option checked, and the installer is back to NOT installing the prerequisite we need, the exact behavior I had before discovering the checkboxes were not in sync.

So, I'm back to maintaining the Prerequisites->Install Conditions->Supported Windows Versions checkboxes manually. :-(
Eusebiu

Hi,

Indeed, if the "Check predefined launch conditions before searching for prerequisites" option is checked, the "Install Conditions->Supported Windows Versions" checkboxes are not updated when the "Launch Conditions->Supported Operating Systems" checkboxes are changed. However, in this case, the launch conditions will be evaluated first and if they are not met, the installation of the prerequisites as well as the installation of the main package will be blocked.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
cdellies

Ok, I just wanted to provide feedback. I wasn't sure if this is a potential improvement for your software or not. Thanks for your quick responses!
Eusebiu

You're welcome.

I also thank you for your feedback. Just let us know anytime you have a question or a suggestion.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Feature Requests”