DavidSlade

AI Build always getting switched on

I am finding VS is often switching on Build for the Advanced Installer project in Configuration Manager for WPF projects. This is triggered just by opening the Advanced Installer project or switching from Debug or Release. I am not sure if VS or AI triggers this.
The issue I have is I am using Digicert code signing and they limit the number of signing events allowed per license per year. So, each build is using up a couple of license counts. The work around is to disable signing in the AI project or unload it from the solution until the project is actually published. Anyone have alternative ideas to stop Configuration Manager continually switching on the Buld option?
Catalin

Re: AI Build always getting switched on

Hello David,

I am not quite sure I fully understand your scenario here.

If possible, could you please give me some more details (screenshots would really be appreciated here)?

Additionally, if you could provide a test-case that I could follow in order to reproduce this, that would also be great.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
DavidSlade

Hi Catalin,
I am referring to Configuration Manager in Visual Studio.
ConfigMgr.png
ConfigMgr.png (22.21 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
Where Build for the AI Setup project keeps getting switched on. I don't want the AI project to be built every time I debug the solution.
However, I made a test project and could not duplicate the issue. Once the Build was switched off, it stayed off.
I will see what is different about my production solutions and get back to you. This may be a VS issue.
Catalin

Hello David,

Sure thing, I will be waiting for your followup on this.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”