ingvarius

How to hide the ExitDialog

The Exit dialog in my install looks a little different than the one in the editor.
When editing the dialogs, the ExitDialog has two checkboxes, Readme file and Start xxx.
When running the setup, these checkboxes do not show up, instead I get an Exitdialog with a generic message.
I am unable to hide the ExitDialog, if I set the Visible property to false, it still shows up.

So, 2 questions:
1) The ExitDialog the user sees does not correspond with what I see in the editor (the user sees no checkboxes)
2) How to just skip the whole ExitDialog, just install the files and then drop out, with no finishing message to the user.
Cosmin

Re: How to hide the ExitDialog

Hi,
The ExitDialog the user sees does not correspond with what I see in the editor (the user sees no checkboxes)
The checkboxes are hidden by default during install and they are shown only in the dialog editor to allow you (the developer of the package) to customize them. You can show them during install like this:
In a Professional or Java Application project:
- select "ExitDialog" in the "Dialogs" page
- enable the "Show View Readme option" and "Launch application at the end of installation" options

In an Enterprise project:
- select "ExitDialog" in the "Dialogs" page
- select the "Finish Actions" tab in the "Control" pane
- enable the "Show View Readme option" and "Launch application at the end of installation" options
How to just skip the whole ExitDialog, just install the files and then drop out, with no finishing message to the user.
Unfortunately this is not supported by Windows Installer. "ExitDialog" is a mandatory installation dialog and it cannot be removed.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”