olegsavelos

Shortcut on update

Hi.
Is it possible to not to add application shortcut on application update or reinstall with free version of Advanced installer?
Dan

Re: Shortcut on update

Hello,

Unfortunately this can not be done with the free version of Advanced Installer.

In order to achieve what you want, you can use our “Package Organization” feature which is available only in a “Professional” or higher project type. You can see the Advanced Installer Features by Edition list.

Also, you can take a look on our “Create Conditional Shortcut” thread which debates a similar issue.

If you need any help, please let us know.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
olegsavelos

Ok i purchased the professional version.
Now i have moved the shortcut to and created a new shortcut feature. I moved shortcut to the feature and added condition !Client = 2 where client is main feature.
The shortcut is not created at all if condition exists otherwise created normally.

Where did i go wrong?
Dan

Hello,

The condition !Client = 2 that you have used means ”Feature state: absent” which isn't what you need because in this case your shortcut will be created only if the feature "Client" is not already installed on the target machine.

You can set in the condition field something like NOT (OLDPRODUCTS AND (AI_INSTALL_MODE = "Repair")) .

Let us know if that helped otherwise give us more details about what you are trying to achieve.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”