zak

Signing using AzureKeyVault - is it possible to propagate password to Advanced Installer from Windows Credential manager

Hello,

We would like to use the signing process using the Azure KeyVault functionality in Advanced installer.
Everythig is working except that when the installer is building there is a prompt dialogue to insert the
password to KeyVault.

Is there any mechanism how to avoid this, please? We would like to use it on our Jenkins server as a build
step.

We build the installer from jenkinsfile - step "ba" :

"%ADVANCED_INSTALLER%" /build %PROJECT_RELATIVE_PATH%

I found something about "SetAzureKeyVaultSecret" but any try did not work for me.
Of course another question is how to make it not to be exposed in the build log.

Is there any way how to use the Windows credential manager or some secret configuration file, please?

Thank you very much for your help.

Vladimir
Catalin

Re: Signing using AzureKeyVault - is it possible to propagate password to Advanced Installer from Windows Credential man

Hello Vladimir,

Here's how to correctly use the SetAzureKeyVaultSecret command:

Re: powershell integration and certificate from azureKeyvault

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
zak

Re: Signing using AzureKeyVault - is it possible to propagate password to Advanced Installer from Windows Credential man

Hello,
Thank you. It solved the problem in automated build.

Is there any way how to avoid to fill the password from the Advanced Installer IDE on every build?
It is quiet annoying for developers.

Thank you.

Vladimir
Catalin

Hello Vladimir,

Glad to hear that!

Regarding the pin prompt, I'm afraid it's not quite possible to avoid that. :(

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Catalin
zak

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I would like to ask you about the aic file. We created the common aic file and build the installers in parallel but there is an error that the aic file can not be found. The file is there but it is locked by the 1st process and the next processes can not access it until the 1st finishes.

Do you know about this please? Is there any way how to avoid it except having more aic files or not parallel builds?

Thank you.

Vladimir
Catalin

Hello Vladimir,

I think you have answered your own question here :) :
The file is there but it is locked by the 1st process and the next processes can not access it until the 1st finishes.
Basically, the first process has to end in order for the file to be opened to another process.

This is prety common for many applications.

For instance, even a setup can not uninstall one of its resources if that resource is kept in use by another process.

That being said, the solution here would be having multiple AIC file, one for each build.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”