jojoba2010

Install IIS Automatically

Hi,
How can i install IIS via Advanced installer in any windows (XP,Vista,7 ,...) if isnt installed (something like preRequeistes)!
please give me aip example for this.

thanks in advanced!
Daniel

Re: Install IIS Automatically

Hello,

In order to achieve what you want, starting with version 9.6 of Advanced Installer, you can use our "Internet Information Services (IIS) 8.0" predefined prerequisite.

Let us know if this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jojoba2010

Thanks for ans!

will it work for windows xp , vista , 7 ?
Daniel

Hello,

Unfortunately, IIS 8.0 isn't supported on Windows XP operating systems. Please take a look on "IIS 8.0 - Supported platforms and architectures" article.

Also, I'm afraid we don't have a predefined support for installing IIS on Windows XP operating systems. You can take a look on our "IIS Prerequisite from Windows Installation CD" thread containing a similar discussion.

All the best,
Daniel
jojoba2010

Thanks for Reply!
For installing IIS 7.5 in windows Xp it need SP3 or above.
How can advanced installer check that if it is SP2 or before so advanced installer should install SP3 for that windows XP
OR
if it is SP3 or above so continue the installation .
and where to get setup SP3 for windows xp and where in advanced installer set that.
And for other windows like Vista , or 7 , 8 dont check that cause they dont have it!

Thanks in advanced !
Daniel

Hello,

You can see my response from "Install service pack for windows!" thread.

All the best,
Daniel
jojoba2010

Hi sir,
I mean that is it possible for Advanced Installer to install SP3 for windows xp that is SP2 or lower?

Thanks for Ans!
Daniel

Hello,

I'm afraid we don't have a predefined support for this. However, in order to achieve what you want you can try this:
- Go to "Prerequisites" page and add the XP Service Pack 3 package as a pre-install prerequisite to your project.
- From "Prerequisites -> Install Conditions" tab, in the "Supported Windows Versions" group select only the following operating systems: Windows XP x86, Windows XP x86 Service Pack 1 and Windows XP x86 Service Pack 2.
- Also, from "Install Conditions" group select "Always install prerequisite" option.
- Build and run your project.

Also, please keep in mind this is not a recommended approach to update Windows operating system.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Building Installers”