narasimhakashyap

Prerequisites

Hello,

I have a simple WPF application with SQL Express as Back End. I am focusing in installing it on XP and above systems.
I tried using SQL Express 2005, but unfortunately there were some missing references(Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlClrProvider.dll). Further I tried with SP1, SP2, and so on.
I even tried SQL Express 2008, but that won't be supported in 64-bit operating systems.
What do I have to do for my application to work on both 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems?
What are the exact prerequisites that are required for building my Setup?

Thanks in Advance
Daniel

Re: Prerequisites

Hello,
What do I have to do for my application to work on both 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems?
I'm afraid I don't fully understand your scenario. Can you give us more details about your scenario (maybe exemplify)?
What are the exact prerequisites that are required for building my Setup?
Please keep in mind that you should be able to decide what prerequisite packages need to be installed in order to run properly your application. Also, if you want to install a prerequisite package only on 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems, then you can choose its corresponding "Supported Windows Versions" options from "Prerequisites -> Install Conditions" tab.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”