d79ima

two features with same exact files but different short cuts

I have created two different features under Organization tab, Feature1 and Feature2.

I have a common folder with resource files which i have imported under Files and Folders tab.
I have created short cuts for all of my .exe files that are in this common folder.

What I need to be able to do is to install all the files from my common folder for either Feature1 or Feature 2, but have different short cuts created depending on which feature is selected by the user.

How do I accomplish this?
Daniel

Re: two features with same exact files but different short c

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

In order to achieve what you want you should create the related shortcut as shortcut to external file. Then, in "Organization" page, you should move accordingly the related shortcut under components from Feature1 and Feature2. Also, you can take a look on our "Create shortcuts if condition" thread which debates a similar issue.

Let us know if this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
d79ima

Daniel,

I was able to create short cuts based on Feature selection with your advice.
However, I am still unable to figure out how to get all of the files installed no matter which Feature is selected.

I have two folders which I want the installer to create on the target machine Folder 1 and Folder 2 and each folder has the same exact files in it, but they target different CPU architecture, one is 32-bit and other is 64-bit.
So I would like to be able to have both of these folders dropped onto the target machine no matter whether they select Feature 1 or Feature 2 or both in the Configuration Wizard Dialog.

How do I associate both folders with both of my Features?

Thanks,
Dmitry
Daniel

Hello Dmitry,

In order to achieve what you want you can share the components of the related folders between the two features. Just, drag and drop the component to a new feature, while the Shift key is pressed. Also, you can take a look on our "How do I install different files based on the Operating System" article which may be useful for you.

Let us know if this helps, otherwise please give us more details about your scenario (maybe exemplify).

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”