asimnzr

Updates file generation from within Azure DevOps pipeline

Hi,

I need to generate Updates file while working with Azure DevOps pipeline. I need help in:
  • Updating File Path under Update Installer tab
  • Updating download URL under Properties tab
Is it possible to pass both as command line parameters?

I have added updates projects to azure build pipeline but need to update above information to avoid path errors:
AI tool.png
AI tool.png (26.71 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
Thanks
Daniel

Re: Updates file generation from within Azure DevOps pipeline

Hello Asim,

Everytime you want to build an update configuration file for a new version of your setup product you should just add a new Updates entry in the "Organization" middle pane from "Updates" page of your updates configuration project.

To automate this you can just use our "/NewUpdate" command line support against the AIP file of your updates configuration project.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
asimnzr

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your wonderful support. Now things are working properly with Azure pipelines but I need to discuss at least two more points.
Referencing to below snapshot, can you please share :
What is the reason behind a separate .cab file generation in case of Full setup?
Also, why this update installer is showing .exe instead of .msi as extension?
AI tool.png
AI tool.png (8.93 KiB) Viewed 2435 times
Thanks in advance!
Daniel

You are always welcome.

A separate CAB is built because of the option configured in "Builds" page -> "Configuration" tab -> "Package Type" option. To build a single EXE just make sure you select the "Single EXE setup (resources inside)" option.

An EXE package type is usually required when you use a feature which is not available in a standard MSI package. For instance when you use pre-install prerequisites, "Run as administrator" option from "Install Parameters" page, a custom theme from "Themes" page different than the "Classic" one, mixed package type, etc. Reverting to an MSI package type will disable all the above features.

If you have any questions or doubts do not hesitate to write us back.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”