hpkunz

SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe: /ConfigurationFile parameter is not passed to setup.exe

I have a installation project with the prerequisite SQL Server Express 2022. The command line parameters of SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe are:

Code: Select all

/x:C:\SQL /qs /ConfigurationFile="%appdata%\sked\prerequisites\Microsoft_SQL_Server_2022_Express\ConfigurationFile.ini"
Setup will be extracted to C:\SQL but unfortunately setup.exe will not be started with the ConfigurationFile parameter. I assume it is a bug in SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe because it also does not work if started in Windows command line.

If I try two commands in command line like this then it works:

SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe /x:C:\SQL /qs
C:\SQL\setup.exe  /ConfigurationFile="%appdata%\sked\prerequisites\Microsoft_SQL_Server_2022_Express\ConfigurationFile.ini"
I tried to put

/x:C:\SQL /qs && C:\SQL\setup.exe  /ConfigurationFile="%appdata%\sked\prerequisites\Microsoft_SQL_Server_2022_Express\ConfigurationFile.ini"
in the command line but unfortunately I doesn't work with the generated Advanced Installer setup. But it works in Windows command line!

How do I execute these two commands with Advanced Installer?

Thanks for your help!
Liviu

Re: SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe: /ConfigurationFile parameter is not passed to setup.exe

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Can you please replace the "%appdata%" from the command line with the [AppDataFolder] property and see if that helps?

C:\SQL\setup.exe /ConfigurationFile="[AppDataFolder]\sked\prerequisites\Microsoft_SQL_Server_2022_Express\ConfigurationFile.ini"

A command line like this should work as expected:

"C:\Setup\SQL Server Express 2022\SETUP.EXE" /QS /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /ACTION=INSTALL /Configurationfile="C:\Setup\SQL Server Express 2022\ConfigurationFile.ini"
You can find more details on the
Install SQL express 2014 with configuration file
forum thread.

However, with the 20.9 version of Advanced Installer, we introduced a major redesign of the Prerequisite support. However, after the release, we discovered some issues that were not covered by our testing, leading to unexpected behavior for some use cases. We are actively working on addressing these issues, and the 20.9.1 version with improvements and fixes is on its way and will be released soon.

The problem you're getting could be generated by these issues we're having with the prerequisites in version 20.9. Can you try to see if you can reproduce this behavior with version 20.8? Or you can wait for version 20.9.1.

We expect our next version that will address the issues with the prerequisites to be released later today or tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Building Installers”