aabot

Extract Archive to folder has "Access is denied"

In my installer, I want to extract the contents of a zip file to a folder created under the Application folder. When the installer runs, I keep getting "Access is denied".

I have mongodb-windows-x86_64-4.4.26.zip extracted to a mongodb\ folder in the same parent folder. I setup an extract archive and for the source path have [mongodb_Dir]. In the UI, I added permissions to the mongodb folder to grant full control to everyone.

I build the installer and then run the installer. The installer runs until the "Access is denied. .... C:\Program Files\....\mongodb".

How can I extract the archive into the folder?

Thanks
Catalin

Re: Extract Archive to folder has "Access is denied"

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I have tested this scenario and everything worked as expected on my end.

If possible, could you please create a sample project that reproduces this and forward that to me by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
aabot

I created a small sample and sent to the email address you gave.

In the sample, I have a 1-level Application Folder with two folders mongodb and nodejs. I want to change the permissions for those directories to full access. I added the related mongodb and nodejs zip files. I then created two file operations to extract the respective archive and put it into the corresponding directory.

Thanks,

Aaron
Catalin

Hello Aaron,

I think this might be something on your end regarding permissions.

I have built the project file you provided and then ran the MSI file and everything worked as expected:
Screenshot_156.png
Screenshot_156.png (61.48 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
Screenshot_157.png
Screenshot_157.png (25.77 KiB) Viewed 1479 times

Unfortunately, I can not say for sure what's going on on your machine, but I would suggest trying the setup on a clean VM as well to see whether you're still able to reproduce this or not.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”