mack

Making Nested Installer Package

Hello guys,

We have a software which has exe and several folders, when you click exe is installing and working fine, Now we need to use advanced installer to pack our exe and other folders to a single package which will be protected with KEY (as of now the software can install without KEY).We need to make installer which will be extracting files to a folder and run our exe for installing. We have seen this kind of installation from Adobe products, where the installer starts by extracting files to a folder then goes to installation.
***I'm new here,so I stand to be corrected.
Daniel

Re: Making Nested Installer Package

Hello,

To do so you can try to use our "Package Serial Validation" support.

If you have any questions or doubts do not hesitate to write us back.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mack

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response, The issue here is not on how to create serial validation.I need to make installer which extract during files after validating serial keys and run exe inside my folder which will proceed with installation.
Daniel

Hello,

If you just need to download and extract certain files depending on the value of a serial key entered during installation by the user, then you can just try to make use of our "File Download" and "Extract Archive" file operation from "Files and Folders" page.

And in the "Condition" field of the above file operations use the property of your serial key UI control.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”