kfung

Stupid User Questions

How do I get the installer to identity the component (file) versions so custom actions can be launched?

Does Advanced Installer have built in functionality to idenify Jar versions from their stored Manifest.mf pages?

FYI

While gatherng multiple files to add into a install package, sometimes the files do not get GUID entries. I need to manually remove the affected file and drag and drop that file back into the package.

Advanced Installer 9.01 Enterprise (trial)
mihai.petcu

Re: Stupid User Questions

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,
How do I get the installer to identity the component (file) versions so custom actions can be launched?
If you define a public property which will hold the file version number, you could condition your custom actions using it.
The file version can be set with the property from the File Version Tab. Also, please keep in mind the "User Specified" field is of pseudo-formatted type, thus its property references will be resolved at build time.
Does Advanced Installer have built in functionality to idenify Jar versions from their stored Manifest.mf pages?
Unfortunately not, but you can try to develop your own custom action that does that.
While gatherng multiple files to add into a install package, sometimes the files do not get GUID entries. I need to manually remove the affected file and drag and drop that file back into the package.
If by this you mean each file to have an associated component in the Organization page, please keep in mind there are certain rules by which the components are added.

All the best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”