Advanced Installer 15.6 Release Notes
On January 8th, 2019 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 15.6 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
The latest version of Advanced Installer brings you a new set of features and improvements across all editions.
Love discovering powerful features within Advanced Installer? Check out the following video and learn how to create an MSIX package.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. Check out the full list below.
- Support for repackaging on shared VMware workstations
- Build metadata added to the MSIX/APPX manifest
- Predefined prerequisite for Java 11
- Add Advanced Installer version to the RPP extension context menu
- Hide sensitive information from the SQL scripts (e.g., password)
- Condition field is no longer limited to 255 characters
- Update Package Support Framework (new INI API)
- Improved visibility and feedback when using a floating license server and the Visual Studio extension
- Upgraded to the latest version of Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable
- Custom fixups can't access the config options
- Using the Archive installation options require an EXE setup
- Overwriting an XML Element text with a blank text
- UserRegistrationDlg is not added on the Surface theme
- RefreshDlg does not work when it is the last published event in the sequence
- Use the original installation path when upgrading option is not saved
- SQL BrowseDatabase not working in an EXE setup
- Error when loading an MSI with language ID 1610
- Launch Condition description showed during silent install of an EXE setup
- CAB not written when editing an MSI with VolumeLabel set the second time
- Reset from Digital Signature does not reset personal certificates
- Default working directory incorrectly set by our stub for APPX/MSIX packaged apps
- Failed to create an internal switch on localized systems
- Merge Module Service Failure Operations not working
- Text added in Comments field (Prod. Details) does not get updated in Control Pane
- Error creating MST response file for MSIs with launch conditions
- Duplicate error message when deleting and adding a path variable with the same name