Application Packaging (MSI)
Free Training Program
Free eBook | Free Video Lessons | Free Certification
Earn your MSI Packaging professional credential.
This is how
Read MSI Packaging ebook
Read the e-book “MSI Packaging”, which is a comprehensive guide to Windows Installer Technology.
See the MSI Packaging Videos
Follow the demonstrations in the video lessons and try replicating them using an application packaging tool. You can start with the Advanced Installer Trial or Advanced Installer Free.
Get Advanced Installer Free Trial
Going through the ebook and the videos will probably not be enough. We strongly recommend you go over them again.
Take the exam now
Use all you’ve learned to get a raise. Answer the 52 questions and earn your application packaging certification. Add the certificate to your LinkedIn profile and let your employers know.
Complete Application Packaging Program
- Free of charge
- No subscription required
- 100% Online
- Suitable for Corporate Training
- Suitable for Beginners
- Created and presented by a Professional
- 100% practical-oriented classes
- Dedicated Community
- Applicable on any packaging tool
The course includes
Who is this program for?
This is a free resource offered to all tech professionals who want to get their app packaging right and improve their professional skills. It’s also perfect for beginners looking for guidance on how to become more advanced in this field.
- Basic knowledge of computer is sufficient!
- Understanding of Windows OS (files, registry, services, etc)
- Understanding markup formats (xml)
- Basic understanding of CMD usage
- Scripting languages knowledge is a plus (VBScript, PowerShell)
What you’ll learn
- Get familiar with Windows Installer Technology(MSI)
- Learn how to package any software for any organization.
- Hands-on experience with Advanced Installer.
The absolute must-know of software packaging
- What is Windows Installer and what are the tools to use for application packaging?
- What is the structure of a Windows Installer package?
- Practical scenarios on “How to create MSIs”.
- A practical approach to capturing / repackaging EXE installations
- How to create and use MSI Transform files (MST)
- How to create Patches (MSP)
- How to create Suite installations
- Debugging and testing the MSI