Advanced Installer 16.5 Release Notes
On November 13th, 2019 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 16.5 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Working on your Windows 10 modernization project? We have a new powerful editor for you, the MSIX Package Editor. Get an instant view of your package contents and customize any resource with just a few clicks.
Check the video below to see a quick demo of our MSIX Package Editor and let us know what other features you need.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- MSIX Package Editor
- Running PowerShell scripts in MSIX
- Preserve IIS client customizations on upgrades
- Predefined launch condition and prerequisite for "SQL Server 2019 Express"
- Predefined launch condition and prerequisite for "Java 13"
- Automatically adjust standard action sequence number
- Automatically discover License Server
- Improved Publisher ID synchronization with the Digital Signature
- Improvement to remove installed services during the installation, when Dynamic Multiple Instances are used
- Improved the "Found Updates" updater wizard page
- Improvement to give access to Computer ID after the trial expired
- Save the updater log setting per machine
- Improved UI for In-Process Server Activatable Class MSIX declaration
- Fixed "File Removal" operation when a condition is set
- Fixed crashes on Dialogs page when loading a Professional Project type with a language selection dialog
- Stack trace is raised when generating a report for an IIS + SQL Browse scenario
- Fixed bug when loading projects that have no current build
- Stack trace is raised when adding a dialog from the repository with a checkbox
- Desktop bridge applications were not correctly imported
- The updater release notes list was duplicated for a deprecated update when more than one update was available
- Fixed CAB file creation on attached MSI
- Fixed Azure DevOps build task Advanced Installer path detection
- Navigation to search result does not work for certain scenarios
- Fixed detection for "Run only if the user has administrator privileges" launch condition
- Properties list could not display Comments column in MSM projects
- "Include CAB file into the MSI database" option didn’t mark the project as modified
- Fixed Visual Studio Import Wizard error when "Build selected configuration before proceeding" option is enabled
- Support MSIX/APPX target platforms per build