Advanced Installer 18.3 Release Notes
On May 24th, 2021 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 18.3 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
We have always been committed to empowering our users with an efficient and secure packaging tool. Starting with Advanced Installer 18.3, we are moving ahead with the Visual Studio Extension to support .Net Core projects (including the .NET 5 version).
The extension allows you to create the deployment setup project for your application and customize the output files within the Advanced Installer’s GUI.
Here's a quick demo on how to create the deployment setup project for a .NET Core application:
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- .NET Core deployment via our Visual Studio Extension
- Predefined launch conditions for Windows 10 version 21H1 (May 2021 Update)
- MSIX platforms update to Windows 10 version 21H1 (May 2021)
- PowerShell support for predefined custom actions for processes and services
- Conditional HTTP/HTTPS bindings in IIS
- Minimum IIS launch condition update to version 7.0 on first website/vdir
- COMs paths are not formatted to file references when editing/importing an MSIX bundle
- PowerShell scripts fail to run in MSIX packages if a WorkingDirectory is specified for the app
- The installer does not wait for "Open website" prerequisites when pre-install UI is set to basic or silent
- The "SetUwpAppxPackageProperties" command causes an error after opening the MSIX application
- Installer terminates unexpectedly on FatalErrorDlg
- When creating a repackaging operation and adding a new build, the prompt to generate assets is always displayed in the background
- Publisher ID current status is not updated when changing the digital signature from the command line
- HTTPS bindings are not copied and pasted correctly when using PFX certificate from the package
- The "Quick Selection Tree" control is not properly updated after an "Install one or more feature locally" & "Refresh the current dialog" events
- The AppInstaller bundle is not imported/edited correctly
- Crash when interacting with the Mac OS build
- JRE bundle in MSIX build does not work