Advanced Installer 10.6 Release Notes
On September 30th, 2013 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 10.6 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
The 10.6 release brings a fully redesigned Repackager, extended support for creating and converting App-V packages along with new features in our MSI QuickEditor and ODBC support.
A new exciting feature (especially for repackagers) is the support for smart detection and replacement of specific resources in your project with the corresponding merge modules from your local machine.
- Complete redesign for the Repackager
- Support to directly import&convert App-V 4.x packages to App-V 5.0
- Support configuration of all IIS advanced properties
- Automatically detect MSM resources and replace them with original MSM packages
- Open containing folder, file context menu entry in Files and Folders page
- Redesigned and extended support for ODBC
- Support 64-bit ODBC driver in DSN UI
- MSI QuickEditor now supports editing MSI packages with non-standard table schemas
- MSI QuickEditor now supports editing an MSI with ODBC Data Sources
- Configurable connection timeout options for the Updater
- Added updater command switch to check for Critical Updates only
- Extended COM support with new options, for MSI based packages
- Extended COM support with new options, for App-V packages
- Redesigned method of creating App-V packages, added dedicated wizard
- Path variables support for SQL Scripts
- Added new options for creating a scheduled task
- Support excluding certain MSI tables from generated MST
- MSI QuickEditor now supports and fixes invalid directory IDs
- Add replace option to "Set Update Description" CLI command
- Support for HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG registy hive in Registry view
- Improved notification messages appearing when enabling Enhanced UI
- Added "Description" type for Set Update Description Option CLI
- Fixed PIA 2010 prerequisite detection
- Fixed conversion for prerequisite Windows launch conditions
- Windows launch condition fails to convert if it was modified from Table Editor page
- Fixed Windows launch condition conversion, duplicate row, with now value for "Condition" attribute was added in the project.
- Fixed CLI command "SetBitmap"
- Fixed text updater overwrite support.
- IniLocator test crash when no folder is specified
- Fixed VS 2012 extension, error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
- About dialog was blocked while updating the license at the start if the network was down.
- Fixed shortcuts from App-V 5.0 packages
- Fixed ordering support from Table Editor page, for Integer type columns
- Correctly update dinamic context menu from Organization page
- Fixed copy operations for scheduled tasks
- Import MSI wizzard fail to populate/browse files from database file
- Garbage registry were remaining in the project when disabling option "Overwrite Windows Installer programs entry list"
- Clean path variables and pseudo-formatted properties after deleting a file with path per build
- Fixed import of Wise projects, editing of MSIs generated by Wise, that contained VBS custom actions
- Fixed loading of custom actions in MSM project with XmlElements
- "New Feature Wizard" for Msi QuickEditor failed adding the SetupTypeDlg because this dialog is not supported in this scenario
- MST build error whend adding a new file and enable the "Hash files" option
- Fixed Patch Welcome Dialog description text in Surface theme
- The "Text Style" attribute was not set properly for the "Prerequisite Selector" control when defining a new Style with a different color
- Fixed shortcut metadata information, required for pinning to work correctly on Windows 8