UpdaterAdvanced Installer includes an automatic updater that can check for, download and install updates for your software.
Auto Updater tutorial
Follow the introductory tutorial to create a working sample
Secure, reliable Web or Local updates
- Automatic usage of proxy
- Updates integrity checks using file size and MD5 signatures
- HTTP authentication and HTTPS support for secure update access
- Optional server-side license check before downloading updates
- Install only digitally signed update packages signed with the same certificate as the Updater
The HTTP authentication support and on-line license check allow you to restrict update access to verified paid customers, cutting off users without genuine licenses.
Small and flexible updater client
- Pure, native C++ Win32 code - no arcane scripts to learn
- Single EXE file, with no additional dependencies
- Localizable in all the supported languages.
- Customizable file name and other properties (icon, etc.)
Visual Updates Editor
After all settings are specified in the GUI, the project is built into a lightweight property/value format (INI text files) configuration file. This file format is small to download and it doesn't require separate parsing, thus resulting in a smaller, faster updater.
Fully integrated in your application and OS
- Run from application menu or at a fixed number of days when the application is started
- Run the Updater from the Windows Scheduler service using the integrated Task Scheduler
- Run minimized to tray
- Optional silent download and unattended install of critical or all updates
Improved end-user update experience
- Allow users to specify and overwrite update frequency and times
- Shut-down compliant applications before updating and restart them afterwards, similarly to Vista's Restart Manager.
- Update advertising
Each update can have an included description, together with a list of the features, enhancements and bug fixes provided. These will be displayed nicely formatted to the user when he is prompted to update.