Dear Advanced Installer Support Team,
We just noticed an issue with our installer: the last dialog (ExitDialog) should execute - based on some conditions - a custom action (LaunchConfigWizzard) that should launch one of the .exe files (TheConfigWizard.exe) the installer installed.
Important to mention that this functionality was added to our .aip project years ago and it was working fine in all of our releases. To be honest it´s still working fine in average scenarios, but there is one scenario when TheConfiWizard.exe is not started. We just add a new prerequisite (.Net 4.7.2) for our installer, that prerequisite requires a reboot and this is the key here -> that is causing our problem. Please play around with the .exe I´ll send to you and do the following:
1. Take a machine which DOES NOT have .Net 4.7.2 installed on it.
2. Start our installer .exe
3. .Net 4.7.2 prereq will be offered for you for installation -> install it with our installer
4. After the prerequisite is successfully installed the installer will prompt you a small message in a dialog, it´s saying the .Net 4.7.2 requires a reboot. Just click on OK, so let the reboot occur.
5. After the reboot our installer will automatically be started/continued as per expected. Please click it through and on the last dialog enable the "Launch Confguration Wizard" checkbox. If that checkbox is enabled, our TheConfiWizard.exe should be triggered.
6. Confirm that our exe is not started.
Now if you play through the scenario on a PC where .Net 4.7.2 is pre-installed already (no reboot will occur in the middle of installation), you will see that our .exe will be started by the installer after ExitDialog.
Could you please advise us something?