Here are the steps for creating the updates project:
- in Advanced Installer you create an "Updates Configuration" project
- in the "Updates" page you add the updated package (v2.msi)
- in the "Download URL" field you set the URL where the updated package is located (for example: http://www.server.com/v2.msi
- in the "Installed Detection" section you set the detection criteria for the update (the version of your application or a registry key that is present only in the updated package)
- in the "Media" page you set the name of the configuration file (for example: "updates.txt" or "updates.aiu")
- you save and build the project
i followed the tutorial but there is no ini file being created when i build the update configuration project.
When you build the updates configuration project Advanced Installer will generate an updates configuration file (usually .aiu, but it can also be .txt) in the folder you have set in the "Media" page of the project.
Now you place the updates configuration file (updates.txt for example) and the updated package (v2.msi) on the server (in the URLs you specified in the projects) and you can update the first installation by using the shortcut to the updater you created in the first package.
You can also see our tutorial for the Auto Updater:http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... dater.html
Also, you can see the available options and settings for the updater here:http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... dater.html
i have another .ini file in the appdir locally and it is indeed in a different form :
This is the INI of the Auto Updater and it is automatically created when you include the updater in your project.