Advanced Installer 17.4 Release Notes
On August 26th, 2020 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 17.4 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
The latest version of Advanced Installer brings a lot of new powerful improvements that simplify your digital signing process.
The new Azure Key Vault integration ensures security and trust, and enables you to properly manage and protect your code signing certificates.
If you want to see how it works - here's a quick demo video on how to sign an application package using a stored certificate on Azure Key Vault.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Azure Key Vault digital signing support
- Enabling integration for third-party digital signing tools
- "Quick MSI to MSIX" conversion workflow
- Predefined prerequisites for "SQL Server ODBC Driver 17.6"
- PowerShell automation support for merge modules
- Ability to copy XML nodes between different XML files/projects
- Update the SCCM integration to support multiple MSIX packages
- Security improvements for the “Uninstall cleanup” wizard
- Improved performance for registry management operations
- AI_InstallPerUser transitions to public and persistent property: AI_INSTALLPERUSER
- Repackager is 3x as fast at performing system scans during the capture process
- Option to show/hide the encrypted password for the certificate when stored in the project file
- TestODBCConnection custom action does not work on the latest versions
- Test ODBC action does not show the “Please wait” message
- Test SQLConnection does not work when using the "Test Installation UI" option from the toolbar
- The auxiliary PowerShell script is not discarded from project
- Trace always uninstalls a multi-app package
- The main installation continues even though the prerequisite installation fails
- Shortcut target paths to folders are not resolved when importing an RPK file
- When importing a .RPK from Advanced Repackager, Advanced Installer is launched in the background
- Failed to integrate MSM files within projects with large custom action DLLs
- "Hide property" attribute is ignored for an empty property assigned to a UI control
- SHA256 hash does not get updated in the update configuration file
- "View Transform" button behavior is not the expected one
- "REBOOT" property is ignored when using Enhanced User Interface
- Packages that contain the Hebrew language cannot be modified from Control Panel
- Project conversion in Advanced Installer 17.2 to newer for inline Powershell custom actions breaks platform field
- "AI_AiRestoreDeferred" hangs on FAT32 drive