Advanced Installer 18.0 Release Notes
On February 22nd, 2021 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 18.0 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
For over 15 years, we've been releasing a new version of Advanced Installer each month. Our February release brings you more than 30 enhancements and bug fixes.
You can now convert and customize your WiX projects directly from Visual Studio using our official extension.
If you're curious to see how the WiX project conversion works, check our quick demo below.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Support for PowerShell v7: Predefined Launch Conditions, Prerequisites, Custom Actions Engine Update
- WiX import support for Visual Studio Extension
- PowerShell automation support for COM page
- Support for PSF RegLegacyFixups
- PSF auto-fixup for "allowElevation"
- Manifest Editor - option to Expand/Collapse all elements with the same XPath
- Shortcut synchronization when adding a Java product
- New option to permit in-place editing in Manifest Editor
- Update Project Reporting for AppX
- Predefined prerequisite for "SQL Server Express 2014 SP3"
- Predefined prerequisite for "SQL Server Express LocalDB 2019"
- Predefined prerequisites for "IIS Express 10.0"
- ".NET Framework 4.8" prerequisite update to latest version 4.8.3928
- Fixed Java splash screen when using JRE 11
- Verbose log file with "AI_EUIMSI=1" name is created when generating a log file for an EXE package
- Virtual Machine snapshot does not have the service running
- Visual Studio solution import fails through Visual Studio Installer project template
- "Populate ComboBox" action fails to insert more than 11 elements
- Screenshots cannot be performed when capturing a new repackager session
- Fixed Digital Signature incorrect warning: "WARNING: Digital signature. The file is marked for signing, but it already has a digital signature or cannot be signed"
- The default MSI Radio button control size is too small for HighDPI
- Property's value is wrongly passed to pre-install prerequisite
- Fixed error when importing a WIX Project
- Controls are not displayed during the installation on dialog regardless of the tab order
- Fixed path variable issue when the variable is set as "Private"
- "Continue with the main installation even if the prerequisite is not installed" option fails when prerequisite setup exits 0
- "MergeModuleGUID" is missing from the OutputProperty of the MessageBox custom action
- Crash when deleting EXE associated with extension used in "FileAssociationDlg"
- Distribution type dialog is not working for most of the options of Visual Studio Import Wizard
- The property "TARGETDIR" is missing from the "Send install information to your web server" custom action
- The "Are you sure you want to uninstall" message box is not displayed when the Pre-install UI level is set to silent
- Crash when building a project with java .jnilib files