cartman

How to change Password attribute of the Edit control

Hi, all.
I made a dialog, in which user has to input a password. Instead of adding editbox for password confirmation I decided to add a Checkbox with label "Show Password" and I need to show content of password editbox when checkbox is checked and hide(show asterisks) when it's unchecked. The question is: how could I change the value of attribute "Password" of Editbox during installation? Is it possible at all?
Bogdan

Re: How to change Password attribute of the Edit control

Hi,

If you want to achieve this behavior you should create two edit boxes (one will have the "Password" attribute set to "True" and the other will have the "Password" attribute set to "False") that will be hidden programmatically using a "Control Condition" based on a checkbox state. It is important to place on your dialog the second edit box exactly over the first.

Create two edit boxes and in the "Properties" pane set the following attributes for those controls:

Property Name : PASSWORD
Password : True

Property Name : PASSWORD
Password : False

Create a check box control and in the "Properties" pane set the following attributes for this control:

Property Name : CHECKBOX
Value : checked

Select the first edit box control. Now add two control conditions, from "Control Conditions" tab and edit them as follows:

CONDITION : NOT CHECKBOX
ACTION : Show

CONDITION : CHECKBOX
ACTION : Hide

Select the second edit box control, add two control conditions from "Control Conditions" tab and edit them as follows:

CONDITION : NOT CHECKBOX
ACTION : Hide

CONDITION : CHECKBOX
ACTION : Show

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
adithyam_m

Actually it is only working for the first time we select the checkbox but when we do this multiple times edit box will not be visible after it hidden once, so any one can help us how to show back the control after it got hidden, also for your information i have added condition for showing the box but still no use.
Eusebiu

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.

I'm not sure why this does not work for you, it worked as expected in my tests. I attached a sample project, so you can take a look of its configurations and test it on your machine. Also, I modified the conditions from the above post by using NOT instead of "", so please modify them in your project, too.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Attachments
Show Password.aip
(15.05 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”