Advanced Installer 12.2 Release Notes
On June 10th, 2015 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 12.2 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Windows 10 is just around the corner and turns out Visual Studio 2015 will be on the stage too. We at Advanced Installer are excited to announce that our VS 2015 extension is now available, together with a new set of predefined launch conditions for the latest Microsoft software.
We love automation, so we keep expanding our continuous integration support with a brand new plugin - for TeamCity.
Installer Analytics is bringing some new cool reports in this release. Insightful data about your prerequisites installation is now available, giving you the power to see exactly which prerequisites are installed by your users and which of them are already available on their machine.
Get a better sense of your data with weekly and monthly reporting views, which is now available in the Installations and Versions reports.
We also added a geographic report that will interactively show you how many users you have around the globe. See your installs and users even in countries were you don't have direct downloads, like where you are represented by partners which distribute your software on physical media.
- Advanced Installer extension for Visual Studio 2015
- TeamCity build system plugin
- Installer Analytics new report types: Prerequisites, Weekly/Monthly and Geographic
- Predefined launch condition for "SQL Server Express 2014"
- Predefined launch condition for "DirectX 12"
- Optionally remove empty XML files on uninstall
- Ability to execute XML update operations as the LogonUser (impersonation)
- Conditionally create/update XML nodes
- Ability to edit Data Binding columns from an SQL query
- Updater support for alternative download URL
- Automatically close Updater process when user cancels the update installation from elevation dialog
- Preventing CMD character escaping rules from applying to "PowerShell script" custom action parameters
- "Send install information to your web server" custom action can be added with sequence
- Setup hanged on silent install when non-existing user was used for ACL permissions
- Allow specifying command line for LocalServer COMs
- ComExtractor didn't register EXE files correctly
- IIS websites/virtual directories were removed when installing MSI Patches
- Language selection dialog was broken when used together with CAB per Feature and Merge Modules
- Correctly import Services startup type when processing Repackager data
- Fixed “Property” field text limit from the control event editor dialog box