Advanced Installer 14.0 Release Notes
On May 7th, 2017 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 14.0 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Fast forward your desktop application development with the unique debugging options from our new Visual Studio 2015 and 2017 extension, for Desktop Bridge apps. Take a look how easy it is to debug your applications inside an UWP app container, in the video below.
Windows Creators Update is available for public download, leverage the new built-in options from Advanced Installer to improve your AppX package and create a better user experience for your clients.
We're not done, many more improvements were included too, along the with usual tweaking around the existing features from Advanced Installer. Check out the full list below.
- Debug Desktop Bridge applications in Visual Studio 2015 & 2017 using Advanced Installer's Extension
- New Desktop Bridge project for the Visual Studio Extension - import and debug any AppX package
- Windows 10 Creators Update:
- Application Alias support for UWP apps
- Data Migration support from MSI to UWP apps
- User Transition:
- Taskbar Pins and Start Tiles for UWP apps
- File type associations for UWP apps
- "UWP AppX Import" project type
- Support for automatically pinning desktop applications to Start during installation
- Shortcut icon was not captured by repackager in certain scenario
- Update URL was broken in certain scenarios and caused updates configuration file to be downloaded multiple times
- The text from the finish dialog in the license registration wizard was not scaled correctly on 125% DPI
- Double square brackets were not correctly resolved in PseudoFormatted fields
- Installation failed when applying a certain transform
- MSM project used old cached CAB after changing the MSM GUID
- Fixed missing merge module file install time error
- Fixed misleading error on a machine with no internet connection when enabling Installer Analytics
- Notifications were not displayed for New Projects
- "Disabled if" conditions from Organization page were removed at build-time
- Fixed "Object reference not exists" error for assemblies with special CAS
- Hyper-V Integration Services were not detected properly on Windows 10 Creators Update
- Advanced Installer remote tools for VM could not be installed on some Hyper-V VMs
- Default web site name could be renamed in IIS page
- "Run PowerShell inline script" custom action failed when installer was run under Windows usernames containing apostrophes(') or dollar signs($)
- LicenseAgreementDlg was added incorrectly in sequence when enabling IA
- EXE extracting files dialog sporadically showed texts with random strings