Advanced Installer 14.8 Release Notes
On April 16th, 2018 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 14.8 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Extend your packaging automation process beyond the local machine. Save time by leveraging remote VMs with our latest VMware vSphere integration.
Take a look at the following video to see how easy you can repackage your applications on a vSphere machine.
We're not done, many more improvements were included too, along with the usual tweaking around the existing features from Advanced Installer. Check out the full list below.
- VMware vSphere integration for Advanced Installer
- New variations for the Surface theme
- All used dialogs are displayed in the Project Dialogs section
- Configurable component directory
- Updater fails when run with /silent switch
- "Esc" key blocks the digital signature view
- Typelib is duplicated when it contains the same Win32/Win64 path
- Invalid MSI Filename string error when a project contains an APPX build and an MSI build using the Spring theme
- Incorrect default scheduling options for installed custom actions
- Registry info left behind after registering COM Server EXE
- Conflicting accelerator keys in German LicenceAgreementDlg
- COM Registries do not contain file references when importing certain RPKs
- Localization issues due to project resource references
- Paths from AppxManifest are not correctly mapped to the MSI predefined folders
- Cache is not invalidated when a chained package is added to the project
- The content of a cached LZMA archive is not verified correctly if it is up to date
- When using an existing .rpk the capture profile selection is not saved
- Configure Server Authentication becomes grayed-out when going back after successful provisioning (Hyper-V)
- Build operations that fail during resource check don't cleanup feature/component actions performed on ValidateBuildStates
- Uninstall cleanup fails for projects upgraded/created with Advanced Installer 14.7