Advanced Installer 15.2 Release Notes
On August 13th, 2018 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 15.2 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Optimize your deployment process, leverage our new Intune support. Deploy MSI, AppX or AppX bundles via command-line or by using our simple GUI.
Check the video below and discover how simple it is to use it.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. Check out the full list below.
- Deploy packages to Microsoft Intune
- Support for command-line activation of Universal Windows Apps
- Set permissions for XML files created with Advanced Installer
- Visual Studio extension UI/UX improvements
- Error messages when a digital signing fails are better explained
- Enable path variables CLI commands for VSIX project
- Keep a record of the floating license in use
- Launch app without admin rights for predefined "Launch File" custom action
- Increase height for Supported OS section in the Prerequisite Setup tab
- Setup project cannot open due to its repository dependencies
- Extracted pre-Install prerequisites are not removed after reboot
- Error uninstalling product from CMD when the "Uninstall package with same version (if found)" option is enabled
- The "Language Selection" dialog does not suggest the expected language
- Visiting Permissions tab checks and disables "Create folder on target machine"
- Error 1001 is raised when the mandatory prerequisite is not installed
- Advanced Installer hangs when trying to open a synchronized setup project with a public path variable which does not exist on the current machine
- Remove predefined prerequisite for "Apache Tomcat 6.0.48"
- Add protection against self-update deprecation
- Prerequisite empty string properties are not correctly set
- Formatted values are not resolved for Pre-Install prerequisites
- HttpCompression section is not available in IIS WebApp/WebSite Custom Properties
- Component is not added to the list after duplicating it multiple times
- Extract location for the MSI is missing in the Bootstrapper options
- Fix invalid digital signature detection for unsupported files
- Permanent error message in condition fields for MSM projects
- Error is thrown when having multiple aiproj files
- Cannot add FileAssociationsDlg after changing to the Surface theme
- The value of a property is not passed to the MSI when its value is changed on Bootstrapper dialogs and EUI is disabled
- URLs for .NET Framework 4.7.2 Web Installer and Offline don't work
- "Open website in default browser" support for prerequisite is broken
- Fix size and MD5 signature for "SQL Server Express 2016 SP1" and "SQL Server Express 2017" prerequisites
- Wrong error is raised when installing a feature which requires internet on a machine which is not connected to the internet
- Visual Studio extension doesn't support solutions that include a Xamarin project