Advanced Installer 15.3 Release Notes
On September 12th, 2018 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 15.3 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
A new modern era for packaging is here. Adopting Windows 10 and its biannual major updates can be challenging with the current MSI packaging technologies.
MSIX packages and our latest support for MSIX modification packages are here to help tackle this challenge and leverage all the security and productivity features brought by Windows 10.
See the video below and discover how you can create and use modification packages for an MSIX package.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. Check out the full list below.
- Create MSIX Modification Packages
- Predefined prerequisite for Apache Tomcat 8.5 and 9.0
- Sync only valid COMs for MSIX
- Accept pseudo-formatted references in file paths
- Option to duplicate XML elements and attributes
- Ability to copy missing files from the previous location after AppPaths change
- Project Output displayed names from the Files and Folders view in a Visual Studio project automatically update
- Associate web config files with XML files
- Windows Defender added to the ignored process list in default scan Profile
- Context menu option to automatically scan and add dependencies from all Visual Studio projects found in the solution
- Duplicate FTA when synchronizing the MSIX build in a specific package
- Fixed Visual Studio UI issue when adding multiple Advanced Installer projects to a solution
- Controls toolbox is not visible when switching between displays
- Multiple instances COM versions conflict when handling setup projects with different Advanced Installer versions
- Configuration tab icon for MSI build has the MSIX icon
- AI_PROCESS_STATE property is not available in the Edit Condition dialog
- The "Run Log" tab does not support scrolling
- Crash when converting a project with pre-install prerequisites and notes
- The Notification pane buttons disappear for smaller resolutions
- Path variables used by synchronized folders are not used by their containing files
- The active view unsaved modifications are not kept when changing the project type
- Saving a project that contains an SQLServerConnectionDlg dialog causes a stack trace error
- The product name resets on save after selecting an ICO file
- Dialog image of Classic\Aero has artifacts next to the right border
- The log file is not created next to the EXE setup
- CRC error is not displayed anymore for pre-install prerequisites
- EUI options are not kept when the build is duplicated
- Remove predefined prerequisite for "Internet Explorer 06 SP1 x86"
- "Private variable available only in this project" state is not saved