Advanced Installer 15.4 Release Notes
On October 17th, 2018 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 15.4 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Prepare for the new MSIX package format officially released within the 1809 OS update, with the help of our new Repackager. It comes with a refreshed GUI that improves your repackaging operations and also a new command line interface for better automation.
We have also improved our recently released support for MSIX Modification Packages, to make it even easier to build them.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. Check out the full list below.
- Full redesign of the Repackager user interface
- Show target files for Modification Package
- Dedicated wizard to convert packages (EXE, MSI, APP-V, and AppX) into MSIX
- Predefined launch conditions for Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- Prerequisites and predefined launch conditions for .NET Core 2.1
- Command-line to change Updater policy
- AppX build fails if using makepri.exe from SDK 8
- Localization option missing in the context menu
- Merge module service configure operation is not installed
- 64-bit Registry path variables are not detected
- Using a persistent property on an x64 package adds redundant content to the project
- Service name validation doesn’t work properly
- Feature-based prerequisite is not installed in silent mode
- An asset is not extracted from EXE files during UWP build