Advanced Installer 15.7 Release Notes
On February 13th, 2019 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 15.7 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Windows 7 support ends in 2020, don't let your customers be stuck in an old, unsecure and expensive to support environment. Modernize your enterprise today!
Get the latest Repackager version and leverage the new faster and simpler workflow to speed up the migration to Windows 10.
Check out our new Repackager in action in the following video.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- New streamlined Repackager workflow, for simpler and faster packaging
- Advanced Installer extension for Visual Studio 2019
- Predefined launch condition for Windows Server 2019
- Predefined launch condition for Java 11
- Predefined prerequisites for SQL Server ODBC Driver 13.1
- Properties from the Install Parameters page have a comments section
- Support to specify ODBC driver used for the SQL Database Browse operation
- Support for "digisign.exe" to sign AppX/MSIX packages
- Always use external "SignTool.exe" for digital signature, fallback to "digisign.exe" only if not found
- Improved detection and fix operations for invalid COM when creating MSIX packages
- Improve how Advanced Installer handles larger WAR files
- The sub-chains title for OR conditions now displays the condition
- Installation time for the Surface theme is much longer than for the Classic theme
- "Run only if an active Internet connection is found" launch condition throws an error on some machines
- Advanced Installer 64-bit trial does not display the admin privileges warning
- INI search does not support Unicode characters
- Network share configuration issue when repackager is forced closed
- Folder for a feature is created even when it is not selected for install
- Commit custom action text is displayed in the wrong sequence
- EUI doesn't pass to the msiexec process the switches which come after the first switch
- .NET version validation warning is not displayed for assemblies targeting version lower than 4.6.1
- Permissions from MSM are added for invalid BUILTIN user when using a property from "Users and Groups"
- Cascade transform is not working on certain MSIs
- AI_BUILD_OUTPUT_FILE localized property is always empty when used in per Build Events
- Incorrect ref count for components on .RPK import
- Package Serial Validation issue on Windows 1809 Update (RS5)
- Registry preserve operation does not work for keys under the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG hive
- The registry key is duplicated when Rename is on and you add a new value
- GetPropertyValue function returns one extra char when called from a Java app
- MSI CAB extraction failure
- The user is not prompted to save the project when closing Advanced Installer after sharing a component
- Public properties are not passed to the Install Execution Stage when EUI is on
- "Uninstall using this command line" option prevents the "launch setup project" schedule task removal on uninstall
- Folder reference not displayed in certain scenarios
- Feature-based prerequisites cannot be installed on maintenance when the "Change" option from Control Panel is used