Advanced Installer 15.9 Release Notes
On April 23rd, 2019 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 15.9 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
The latest version of Advanced Installer brings you a new set of features and improvements across all editions.
Our team also built Hover, a free tool that allows you (and us) to run natively installed applications inside an MSIX/App-V container. Check it out in the following video:
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Support for asset packages when building MSIX bundle
- Support for Windows Sandbox
- Early build validations for MSIX in Windows Store projects
- Support for asp.net website and web applications for Visual Studio extension
- Support for adding temporary files using Command Line
- Predefined prerequisites for "SQL Server Express 2016 & 2017" offline installer
- Predefined prerequisites for "SQL Server Express LocalDB 2016 & 2017"
- Predefined prerequisites: Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2016
- Command line implementation for the "Text File Update" operation
- The Repackager can run a monitoring session without requiring an EXE setup
- Support "Custom Project Template" type for /newproject command line
- InfoTip in Capabilities view with the capability flag name
- Run MSIX package from Advanced Installer
- Server and Desktop checkbox changes for MSIX/APPX builds are not saved in AI
- Data from Asset Generator is lost when downgrading the project
- Splash Screen and Badge Logo selection buttons are still visible after their respective group was collapsed on high DPI
- Some ribbon icons are not correctly displayed on High Contrast Themes
- Automatically add the custom action "AI_ResolveLocalizedCredentials" in the project if the properties it localizes are used for sharing permissions too.
- Properties with empty values from Install Parameters cannot be deleted; the comment field is not copied
- IIS Web Site Browse UI is not correctly displayed on high DPI
- AppX signing fails when "Most suited certificate" option is used in Digital Signature
- Desktop Bridge App Debug not working
- Validate date picker in Game Explorer
- "Check predefined launch conditions before searching for prerequisites" option prevents the MSI launch
- Need to select ICE validation CUB file 2 times, when you specify custom .cub files.
- Medium Tiles from Windows Store project are not kept when using a custom name
- Images from Visual Assets page are not restored when changing the build schema
- PowerShell custom action copy&paste overwrite problem
- EXE package does not work if "Limit to basic" is set and EUI is set to "Always"
- Icon path is incorrectly imported when importing an .ISL project file
- Path group title is displayed on MSM project file even if the option is not available on that project type
- Missing components of folders with "Create folder on target machine" flag for Install Shield project import
- Update Dependencies order after converting to Win10 from Win8 or Win8.1
- Signing error after adding elevation for some files
- Build error triggered when changing builds in windows store projects
- PSF - Trace log is empty when building x64 APPX/MSIX packages
- Visual Studio 2015 solution import is not working if VS 2015 and 2017 are present on the machine
- Fixed Launch Condition View for Visual Studio Extension
- The "Candidate target component is empty" is thrown when trying to create a shortcut to external file
- Folder is still visible in AI while in Visual Studio is removed
- Setup process waits indefinitely and hangs after launching a "Launch file" custom action
- Advanced Installer extension for Visual Studio fails to save the setup project
- Fix crash after editing any condition from AI_AppSearchEx table