Advanced Installer 16.4 Release Notes
On October 8th, 2019 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 16.4 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
PowerShell Automation? Does it sound familiar to you?
Since we've launched the PowerShell automation feature, our team has been continuously working on it. The new support for Digital Signature allows you now to digitally sign your package in no time.
Take advantage of the new cmdlets to edit and explore your digital certificate by simply using the PowerShell commands.
Check the video below and get caught in the PowerShell world.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- PowerShell automation to manage Digital Signature
- Predefined launch condition for "Windows Azure VM"
- Predefined launch condition to check if an AntiVirus is running
- Predefined launch condition and prerequisites for ".NET Core Runtime 3.0"
- Predefined prerequisites for "Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server 18"
- Extend launch conditions detection for Office 365 click-to-run installations
- Predefined searches and launch condition for "Adobe Reader DC"
- New option to remove "This package can only be run from a bootstrapper" launch condition
- "Run only if an active Internet Connection..." is checked by default when adding a new website-based prerequisites
- Enable "File Version" extended search on 64-bit location
- Update "review synced apps" notification
- Add option to configure the default app launched at the end of the MSIX/APPX deployment
- Search for certificates in the Personal store of the Local Machine
- Support empty destination name in duplicate file operation
- "Look in:" field can be left empty
- Copy text does not always work on dialogs
- Error is raised when saving a project with characters in a binary field
- InstallShield project import failure
- PowerShell inline script fails when the user name contains 2 or more adjacent apostrophes
- Fixed elevated execution of BAT files with parameters enclosed between quotes
- ARP and multiple instances are not working together
- The file stored outside on volume is moved in a .cab archive on project upgrade to Advanced Installer 16.3
- Fixed taskbar icon for MSIX packaged apps
- Fixed RTF files display issues on on Surface theme
- "/SetVersion" command doesn't remove "TargetFile"