Advanced Installer 16.7 Release Notes
On January 15th, 2020 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 16.7 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
The latest version of Advanced Installer brings you exciting new features and improvements ready to be discovered.
Love exploring new powerful features in the Advanced Installer packaging world? Check out the following video and learn how to run PowerShell scripts in your MSIX.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Predefined launch condition and prerequisite for ".NET Core Runtime 3.1"
- Predefined prerequisites for ".NET Core Desktop Runtime 3.1" and ".NET Core IIS Hosting 3.1"
- New registry entries for latest install path and version of "Advanced Installer"
- Digitally sign EXE option should not be automatically set for an already signed file
- "Arguments" field of a UWP application is now formatted
- "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015-2019" predefined prerequisites update to latest version 14.24.28127
- "Visual Studio Tools for Office 4.0 Runtime" predefined prerequisite update to latest version 10.0.60828
- Predefined Windows version 1909 added in Target Platforms with support for editing
- MessageBox custom action is spawned in the background when running in Bootstrapper UI Sequence
- Permissions not working when "Keep existing permissions" is set
- The package details from the Repackager Information tab are not saved
- Crash when entering in FilesView from a WinCE project
- Advanced Installer Express MSIX setup project build fails
- The app crashes when using a property in a formatted field and as a folder
- Build does not work on the latest MAC OS
- UI is not correctly refreshed when enabling upload in MSIX Editor
- Stack trace is raised after adding the “LicenseAgreementDlg” and then reverting the action.
- Publisher ID is wrongly set when specified in the Repackager tool settings