Advanced Installer 16.8 Release Notes
On February 18th, 2020 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 16.8 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Are you a PowerShell fan? Check this awesome feature that allows you to edit an MSI or simply create an MST file.
Haven't you used PowerShell cmdlets in your environment yet? No worries, check out the video below and learn now how to take advantage of them!
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- PowerShell automation to create MSTs
- Synchronize fonts files in MSIX builds
- Early digital certificate validation for MSIX
- Show files skipped for signing at build when they are already digitally signed
- Improved network connectivity for remote repackaging
- Import custom versions from target platforms when import/edit an MSIX
- Extend MSIX Advanced Installer stub support for elevated and non-elevated executables at the same time
- Update to Modification Package to support editable Min/Max version
- Modification Package UX improvements
- Update "Apache Tomcat 7" prerequisite to latest version 7.0.99
- Update "Apache Tomcat 8.5" prerequisite to latest version 8.5.51
- Update "Apache Tomcat 9" prerequisite to latest version 9.0.31
- "Test Script" functionality fails for any script if the installation type is set to "Per-User only"
- Project is not marked as modified when using the setters in PowerShell
- "Failed to save project changes" error when opening .AIP file in Visual Studio
- Advanced Installer crashes when navigating in COM view after MSIX import/edit
- "Install MSIX/Appx Package" predefined custom action does not log any failure
- "filename.VisualElemetsManifest.xml" can be deleted and will generate an error on build
- Register edit field from Express edition start page is not working
- Fix crash when updating from Simple project
- The assemblies installation fails when the rpk file is imported
- Visual Studio Extension does not import the dependency of an application reference file