Advanced Installer 17.0 Release Notes
On April 27th, 2020 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 17.0 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Since 2018, when Advanced Installer was named The Microsoft Launch Partner for MSIX technology, we've worked on setting its foundation and continuously bringing you powerful tools - all with the goal of making your job easier.
Version 17.0 of Advanced Installer brings the MSIX Package Manifest Editor. You can now add customizations directly in your MSIX Package Manifest with real-time synchronization of your package configurations within Advanced Installer GUI
For a simple demo on how to add a capability directly in your MSIX Package Manifest, check the video below.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- MSIX Package Manifest Editor
- Powershell automation support for Custom Actions
- Support deploying an MSIX package with MSIX Core on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- Predefined prerequisites for "ASP.NET Core Runtime 3.1.3"
- Add Trigger Events for MSIX services
- Improved Repackager filters
- Digital signature with a SHA1 certificate type is now possible
- Better check if SignTool’s "KB 3118401" dependency is installed
- PSF fixup for private files accessed by other apps
- Add new options for AppService declaration
- Show the processed assemblies list in the Notification area
- Add option to show the password on the Services page
- Update ".NET Core 3.1" prerequisites to latest version 3.1.3
- Show contextual help for the current table in Direct Editor
- Refresh MSIX Arguments and WorkingDir after PS scripts are executed
- Disable 2-way sync for "Package Information" when MSIX project is not in edit mode
- Cannot create transform (MST) file for VLC 3.0.8
- "Open website" Prerequisite can be added as Feature-based via wizard
- Init Events on Bootstrapper Sequence dialogs not executed properly
- F4 keyboard shortcut to add components to list is not working
- Searching for a License Server dialog freeze the application when getting the focus
- Proxy settings fields cannot be enabled on the Registration Wizard
- Disabled Combobox does not look aesthetic on the Surface theme
- MSIX build error after upgrade to 16.9
- Icons set for features are not displayed on the "OptionalFeatsDlg" dialog
- Advanced Installer crashes when configuring Java product custom classpath
- "Wait for custom action to finish before proceeding" flag is incorrectly set when having multiple scripting CAs
- Cannot synchronize Publisher ID when using certificate path with path variables
- The "AI_RUN_AS_ADMIN" property is added when selecting ExitDlg
- Fix error when adding custom actions as init events