Advanced Installer 17.2 Release Notes
On June 30th, 2020 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 17.2 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Version 17.2 of Advanced Installer brings you more than 20 features and enhancements ready to be discovered.
Import and Edit MSIX bundles and customize each individual package as you need for your device. To verify your changes simply access the MSIX Diff page and you will get a side-by-side comparison.
For a quick demo on how to perform a comparison between the manifests of two MSIX packages, check the video below.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Import and Edit support for MSIX bundle
- Driver Dependencies support for MSIX
- Add wizard for the "Modification Package" project
- Predefined launch conditions for "Windows 10 version 2004"
- AppInstaller for MSIX Windows Store
- Internal "signtool.exe" is used by default for digital signature (updated from latest Windows 10 SDK, version 10.0.19041.0 or newer)
- Update to the newest 20H1 Windows version for MSIX
- Row reference tracking in the “Table Editor”
- Optimize the loading of MSI packages with many files
- Optimize Organization View’s loading time
- Post-build events that execute only if the build failed
- Install MSIX predefined custom action now supports install/uninstall of ".appinstaller" file
- Rename "Error 12007" when no Internet connection is available to download the prerequisite
- Load Java application from the taskbar when clicking the shortcut
- Option for using the Repackage as an alternative when MSI import fails
- Add additional warnings when using the silent or basic UI level for EXE bootstrapper
- Dropdown menu to automatically add files for the specific feature
- Improve MSIX neutral target platform
- The registration link is always visible in the "Login" dialog
- Option to not sign the installation resource files added by synchronized folders
- Option to import INI files in XML format by the synchronized folders
- Custom UI for testing SQL connections
- "Test ODBC connection" custom action support
- Update Japanese and Italian translations
- Allow project to be built even if it contains no component, but contains at least one merge module
- Crash when trying to remove the MSIX build from the project
- Directory Combox control is not available when EUI is enabled
- Invalid command line error message for "=" operator in the “Publisher Name”
- Merge Module project with Hebrew names cannot be built
- The autocompleted path on import wizard projects is invalid
- Wrong size displayed in "Programs and Features" after upgrade when the "Override Windows Installer programs list entry" option is set
- Failed to detect validation ICE cub files on Windows 10
- The registry value is not correctly written in registries during silent installation
- Crash when deleting "Applications" element from Manifest Editor
- Cannot import an .MSM file into an existing project
- Append/Create operation from “Text File Update” is duplicated when deleting and adding it again
- AppInstaller options are not copied by duplicate build operation
- When pressing the "Find All" shortcut combination, the "ACK" character is added in the last focused field
- MSIX build fails if only the server target platform is checked
- Folder path validation displays no message when "Enhanced UI" is enabled
- Avoid trying to generate visual assets automatically after importing an MSI