Advanced Installer 17.5 Release Notes
On September 22nd, 2020 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 17.5 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Advanced Installer 17.5 brings you the most powerful GUI for creating and editing MSIX Optional Packages. Optimize your package downloads and deliver additional features on-demand, using the native MSIX platform.
Additionally, the new Repackager Templates support is a new feature that will increase your packaging team's productivity.
Check the video below to see a quick demo on how you can repackage an installation starting from a custom template project.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Build MSIX Optional Packages
- MSIX Editor: Import & Edit Optional Packages
- Repackager Templates
- PowerShell automation support for drivers
- PowerShell automation support for ODBC
- PowerShell automation support for adding new languages to the project
- PowerShell automation support for setting the value of "ProductCode" property
- MSIX build is at least 3x faster due to improved binary files validation
- Detect if a binary file can be digitally signed or may be included in an MSIX package
- "Find element" support for the XML editing dialog
- Package aware PSF tracing
- "Impersonate installing user" option for the "Extract Archive" operation
- Display warning for duplicated MSI dialog controls
- Add a warning when the user selects to repackage a setup hosted on a network share location
- Repackager support for network shared locations when running in Virtual Machine
- Option to select more components at the same time for an instance
- New "Physical Source" text font when the path is set per-build
- Update the default Repackager's filter to remove certain file names
- Prerequisites download and extraction folder path validation
- "/SetPackageName" option to set the EXE bootstrapper name of a patch project
- Update redistributable "dbghelp.dll" files to the latest version from Visual Studio 2019 v16.7.2
- "LoadLibrary" suggested fixup menu entry is always disabled
- "StackTrace" appears after removing and adding a folder
- If a system environmental variable path is set to a random fake exe file, the uninstaller uses it
- Assemblies post-processed from RPK files cannot be installed because of missing dependencies
- The UAC prompts during the repair when the package is installed per-user
- Error when trying to build an .aip from Visual Studio 2019
- When renaming the application the generated assets are not deleted from the disk
- Open URL action does not accept property formatted references
- The files sequence is changed when the "cab per feature" option is used