Advanced Installer 17.8 Release Notes
On December 21st, 2020 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 17.8 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Ever since we worked together with Microsoft to launch the MSIX we commited to bring you the most powerful MSIX packaging solution available on the market. We are aware that application compatibility issues together with the MSIX limitations complicate your modernization and this release bring majors improvements to smoothen your MSIX adoption.
Smart PSF is a Package Support Framework(PSF) extension built by the Advanced Installer team to help you fix compatibility issues for an application packaged as an MSIX. From now on, Smart PSF will take all the debugging work from you so you can have your application running without worries inside the MSIX container. Here is a quick demo of how the Smart PSF automatically applies fixups in an application.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- PowerShell automation support for Organization page
- Outbound firewall rules support for Repackager
- Repackager support to capture Windows firewall outbound rules
- New option for “Extract Archive” custom action to not overwrite files
- Show notifications about empty folders added/removed during folder synchronization
- Updater support for the silent license validation check
- Conversion to automatically switch from old "PowerShell" launch conditions to "Windows PowerShell"
- When adding an EXE as an asset in a GitHub release, the Updater throws an error
- The pre-release attribute of a GitHub release causes the "invalid updates configuration file" Updater error
- The "Keep existing permissions" option does not allow adding new permissions to a folder
- Error when importing an RPK containing JSON files in Express
- Project build fails when signing a file with an empty path
- "Special permissions" group was set at install instead of "Full control"
- The unknown account remains in the “Security“ tab when the "Keep existing permissions" option is set for a folder
- Security tab showed no permissions at install when "Full Control" permissions were requested for a user account
- Properties pane for “Execute Inline Script Code” custom action is resized when opening the project
- Error on Assets when building MSIX from QuickEditor for a specific MSI
- Shallow-nested IIS virtual directories not removed correctly during uninstall
- "Trace" option fails when debugging a MSIX package with build warnings
- Visual Studio solution fails when building the project
- Can not add a new capability from Manifest Editor
- Custom action properties - “Edit button” edits the wrong field