Advanced Installer 17.9 Release Notes
On January 25th, 2021 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 17.9 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Whether you create your .msixupload package manually or by using Visual Studio, there are cases when you need to perform quick edits on your file before uploading it to the Microsoft Store.
The latest version of Advanced Installer brings a new powerful feature that simplifies your packages' editing process - Importer and Editor for MSIXUpload.
If you want to see how it works - here's a quick demo video on how to edit an msixupload package from Advanced Installer's intuitive user interface.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Importer and Editor for MSIXUpload/AppXUpload
- New MSIX declaration: FileExplorerContextMenus
- PowerShell automation support for COM page
- PowerShell automation support for changing the Package Type
- Option for adding priorities for Visual Studio SKUs when importing a solution
- Support setting proxies for the updater manually
- Option to automatically detect project file changes and reload in Advanced Installer’s user interface
- "File Condition" optional column available in the Files & Folders view.
- DTD schema validation support for XML Updates designer
- Removed the minimum 10.0 version requirement for custom sign tools
- SignTool Warning: No file digest algorithm specified
- New command-line option for "Register product with Windows Installer"
- Improved reported error for invalid projects
- Sign for compatibility with all operating system option does not work with certain timestamp servers
- Tracing app (Ensoft LPILE) sudden crashes when "FileRedirection" fixup is present
- The text for "Error.1610" is not correct in Advanced Installer dictionaries
- Software Launch Condition is not correctly added in Visual Studio extension when editing the Advanced Installer project
- Fixed synchronization of Windows Services between MSI and MSIX
- "Java ClassPath was not specified in INI file" error when trying to launch a Java app installed from an MSIX package
- Default Text style is changed when editing an MSI
- The certificate subject is getting truncated to 260 characters
- Folder synchronization is not refreshed when building from the command-line