Advanced Installer 18.6 Release Notes
On August 25th, 2021 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 18.6 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Get ready for Windows 11. The latest version of Advanced Installer introduces predefined launch conditions for Windows 11 and additional related improvements.
This release also pushes forward our continuous investments in developer tools. The following video shows how you can use our latest Azure Devops extensions within your pipelines.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Predefined launch condition for Windows 11 (21H2 insider builds)
- Project auto recovery - automatic backup and restore protocol
- Digital signature built-in support for an EV Code Signing Certificate (eToken)
- PowerShell automation for Updates Configuration projects
- Declare a .BAT file as an application target - MSIX packaging
- Support for SSL checks when browsing IIS website
- Enable Content Expiration option for IIS HTTP Headers
- Show an error message when digital signing fails due to a missing intermediate certificate
- List all folders from the package when Target Computer is selected in Files and Folders
- Visible Members - new resource filtering option in Files and Folders pages
- Advertised shortcut icon is automatically extracted from its target
- Added support for Spanish (Latin America and Caribbean) in MSIX packages
- Improved logging for the floating server error messages
- Updated IntelliJ project import
- Updated .reg file import
- Optimized pre-build disk space availability check
- Updated MD5 values for "Access 2010 Runtime" and "Visual C++ 2010 SP1" predefined prerequisites
- EXE packages installed silently failed to uninstall correctly
- Fixed Spring theme button display issues
- IIS WWW Root predefined folder was missing from the VFS folder, in an MSIX package
- Expired certificates no longer crash the application when the signing fails
- Fixed crash when using the command SetAzureKeyVaultSecret
- Fix crash from Windows CE projects, Files and Folders page
- Fixed CAB file build for Windows CE project
- Default resources for DialogBitmap/BannerBitmap were not discarded from Binary table
- Visual Studio extension crashed when trying to clean the output
- EXEs launched via "Launch file" custom action were spawn in the background when the option "Run as Administrator" was enabled in Install Parameters