Advanced Installer 18.9 Release Notes
On November 23rd, 2021 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 18.9 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
When it comes to packaging and delivering certain application configurations, MSIX presents a high level of complexity as well as some challenges.
In Advanced Installer 18.9, we've concentrated our efforts on reducing the difficulties associated with MSIX when packaging and distributing specific application configurations stored under AppData, or other UserProfile locations.
Now, you will be able to handle files and folders that are not redirected under VFS locations by using our dedicated new non-VFS file management framework.
If you're interested in seeing how the automatic folder redirection fixups for non-VFS resources work, check our recent webinar "DIY - Folder Virtualization with PSF | Feature Preview".
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Automatic Folder Redirection Fixups (copy & redirect) for non-VFS resources from MSIX packages
- New MSIX declarations to support legacy context menus for packaged apps
- Protocol associations support
- Predefined prerequisites for ".NET 6.0"
- Predefined prerequisites for "PowerShell 7.2.0"
- Predefined launch condition for "PowerShell 7.2"
- Predefined launch condition for ".NET Runtime 6.0"
- Font color changes for theme variations
- Support for deleting previous assets before generating new ones
- Support for importing multiple images from a specific folder
- Support for visual assets qualifiers (contrast-standard, contrast-high, contrast-black, contrast-white)
- Improvement for identifying the exe file within a PowerShell script when extracting application data
- Asset Generator improvements: set the Asset Generator settings as application-specific
- Display a validation warning if the "Product Name" and "Manufacturer" contain characters that are not allowed in the files and folders naming
- Improvement to automatically remove the version from extract folder path when using multiple instances
- UWP synchronization for PreviewHandlers, ThumbnailHandlers, PropertyHandlers, and Ole Class
- Update ".NET 5.0" prerequisites to latest version 5.0.12
- Update MSIX platforms to Windows 10 version 21H2
- Misleading name assign to a repackager session after testing a package
- Disable the "Microsoft Store" distribution option when only "Server" is checked in the "Target Platforms" group
- Application is incorrect set as HTML-based at .rpp import
- Uninstall fails when using Maintenance Command Lines and the installer was removed from its original location
- The application closes unexpectedly when clicking on the Dialogs page in QuickEdit mode
- Installer fails when there is a chained package that marked the system for a reboot
- Repackager closes unexpectedly when using additional packages
- Crash when trying to change the "Light" theme from re-opened projects
- Encoding problems for some symbols when repackaging in Virtual Machines
- Bootstrapper with ARM64 package type does not launch
- Crash when editing an MSI package and accessing the "Dialogs" page
- Crash on Assets when editing an MSIX package
- When a property contains a hyphen in the SQL Script Replacements tab, another property substitution fails
- A preinstall prerequisite's return code is not saved unless the EUI is enabled
- WinRT EUI Combox losing items on changing selection
- Prerequisite's extraction folder is not removed after installation on EXE with EUI
- DPI change support for Setup