Advanced Installer 19.5 Release Notes
On May 23rd, 2022 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 19.5 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Beginning with version 19.5 of Advanced Installer, you can now display a toast notification whenever an update is available once the application has been launched.
This option is helpful when you want to display a toast notification but don't want to make any changes to your codebase.
You can take advantage of this new capability and apply it to any existing project that already uses the Updater with only a small change. Simply create a shortcut to the Updater.exe file rather than your application, and then configure the shortcut's properties.
To better understand how the Toast Notification for the Updater works, check out the video:
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Toast Notifications support for the Updater
- MSIX Sparse packages - Grant package identity to non-UWP desktop apps
- Updated list of target Java versions for the Virtual Machine options of a Java Product
- UX improvement for prerequisites using command line switches to install silently
- Cleaned up redundant PowerShell launch condition, which was added when at least one PowerShell custom action is used in the project
- Added possibility to extract MSIX dependency information from an installed package
- Automatically synchronizing the Publisher ID of an MSIX package with the subject of the selected digital certificate, in the Advanced Repackager GUI
- Improved user experience in Product Details page for configuring the EULA
- Updates for Italian translation
- Windows App Runtime 1.0.3 predefined prerequisites (x64 and x86)
- Predefined launch condition for "Java Development Kit 18"
- "Run only if an active Internet connection is found" launch condition was incorrectly activated
- EXE setup process was silently exiting if WinUI was activated on older Windows 10 versions
- Random incorrect WinUI rendering of Azure theme when Windows uses Dark mode
- "Check if a folder has write permissions" event failed when Enhanced UI was enabled
- "SpawnDialog" was not automatically closed when the installer failed, on Enhanced UI
- App-V built-in editor failed to load a package
- Square44x44Logo.scale-200.png for MSIX builds was generated with an incorrect size
- Enabling the option "Display language selection dialog" from Translations page failed to automatically switch the build type from MSI to EXE
- Copied files and folders were duplicated more than once
- Fixed the import of certain MSI packages
- The project was not marked as modified when editing certain properties of a feature
- Java service could not be stopped if the Virtual Machine configuration was set to "Any"
- Multiline strings were incorrectly handled in the predefined PowerShell custom actions
- WiX Toolset project import failed if it contained custom actions with a missing source from the Binary table
- An incorrect digital certificate name was listed if an error occurred when "SetDigitalCertificateFile" command line was used, without saving the project
- Billboards were not displayed when a custom action was running
- Fixed rendering issues on the Air theme
- MSM package details are not displayed in the Merge Modules page
- Fixed project XML validation issues caused by IIS Machine Key settings