Advanced Installer 19.7 Release Notes
On July 18th, 2022 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 19.7 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Starting with version 19.7 of Advanced Installer, you have a quicker and more efficient way to create and configure Windows Explorer context menu items for your application, when runing on Windows 11.
The new built-in functionality in Advanced Installer allows you to access the Windows 11 feature for context menu items by automatically building a sparse package for you - no manual intervention necessary.
Simply select the Windows 11 Context Menu option in the Advanced Installer's GUI, and a sparse package containing the modern UWP API for context menu will be included in your installation.
Check out the video below for an overview of the Windows 11 Context Menu.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Windows Explorer context menu entries for Windows 11
- ARM64 predefined support for prerequisites and launch conditions
- New predefined property for detecting ARM64 machines - AI_ARM64_PROP
- Smart App Control (SAC) security improvements - digitally sign all the DLL files generated by a multi-language package
- New variation for AIR theme: Light Sky
- New option for displaying UWP strings by default for MSIX builds
- SetDigitalCertificateFile command-line support for Windows Store and Modification Package projects
- Option for generating two MSIX packages (Microsoft Store and sideloading distribution type) with a single build operation
- Support for EC algorithm signatures when singing with a certificate hosted in Azure KeyVault
- Update NET Core prerequisites to version 3.1.27
- Update NET 5.0 prerequisites to version 5.0.17
- Update NET 6.0 prerequisites to version 6.0.7
- Fixed issue when files in the system32 folder are overwritten on upgrade, even though the "Do not overwrite existing" file is set
- Build specific paths set for a file are reset when a new build is added
- Assemblies cannot be shared between multiple builds in the same project
- Invalid PE file corrupts the MSIX package and this cannot be signed
- StackTrace error in Builds View when trying to copy/paste an APPX build
- Crash when using TraceApp in MSIX
- The digital signature page opens twice when pressing F1 for accessing the user guide
- An installed instance cannot be repaired if it contains a "#" character in its name
- Installation fails when building imported MSI that has a "per user/per machine" install type
- The digital signature of the main MSI is invalidated when using a multilingual package
- MSIX package dependency name is wrongly populated in the .APPINSTALLER file
- The installation process forcefully gets the focus during backup and restore operations
- Incorrect install level set for features via MSI Quick Editor
- Visual issues on dialogs with a different theme
- An error occurs when parsing config.json for a specific MSIX
- Bootstrapper with ARM64 package type does not launch Windows 11
- PNG image is poorly rendered on AppLogoIcon control of Surface theme
- Long product name is not fully displayed on dialogs
- WI process is left behind after closing verbose dialog from "SQLServerConnectionDlg"
- Updated "PrepareDlg" background on Air theme
- The button for enabling the creation of new images with path variables does not respond
- Crash when trying to navigate from Context Menu to Issue panel