Advanced Installer 2.1 Release Notes
On November 9th, 2004 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 2.1 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Version 2.1 adds support for installation folders that are synchronized with disk folders for easier project maintenance, and support for install packages with files not packed in CABs for running programs directly from their install media. Also new are the ability to edit file attributes and to import data sources.
- Support for Synchronized Folders
- Ability to import Data Sources
- Support for multi-target builds, with and without bundled JRE
- Support for install package with files not packed in CABs
- Supporting Unicode characters in paths to files
- Sorting rows before saving in AIP for smaller CVS diffs
- Ability to force the installation of a prerequisite
- Support for empty registry values
- More predefined install folders
- Editing File Attributes support
- Preferred JRE support
- Lost File Association issue and others