Advanced Installer 20.3 Release Notes
On January 30th, 2023 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 20.3 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
We are excited to announce the Advanced Installer Start Page redesign, which incorporates the latest design trends and technological advancements.
The Advanced Installer Start Page UI revamp is based on WinUI and includes improved navigation, a new layout, and enhanced visuals to improve the application's overall user experience.
The new design doesn’t impact the functionality of the Start Page, so you can continue to use the application in the same way you are used to.
We are committed to continuously improving our application and would love to hear your feedback.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Redesigned Advanced Installer Start Page - WinUI is the new default
- Predefined support to downgrade setups
- Request Assistance via the Help menu
- Capture screenshots during repackaging in a PDF or HTML file, automatically
- Option to customize EXE metadata for Java applications
- Sparse Package Bundle with MSI
- Replace "InstallDlg" with "LicenseAgreementDlg" for MSI-based themes
- Support for .PEM encoded certificates
- New option in Registry Permissions dialog: "Apply permissions to all subkeys"
- Possibility to collapse features within the Organization page
- UI improvements for ODBC Driver field in SQL Database Browse and SQL Connection dialogs
- Updated the separator characters used by Advanced Installer projects, for 100% compliance with XML 1.0
- Import embedded files from UWP applications built with Visual Studio
- Update .NET and .NET Core prerequisites to the latest version (3.1.32, 6.0.13 & 7.0.2)
- Predefined prerequisite for SQL Server 2022
- The Server name on the SQLServerConnectionDlg is half covered with a grey overlay
- StackTrace error when using the "SetProperty" command
- "RunOnce" registry entry relaunches the main package when explorer.exe is restarted
- PS scripts from PSF do not work if "scriptPath" or "scriptArguments" contain spaces
- Build fails when building a package in Repackager using the Architect edition template
- The "WinUI Rendering" option does not render SVG images correctly
- The "Side by Side Installs" notification in Upgrades is hidden when working with upgrade options
- Information popup remains after changing views from Updates
- Fixed Azure theme minor control issues
- The virtual machine launch condition is broken on VMware20
- Advanced Installer is not closing when using Project Assistant
- When removing a build that is missing a path, a StackTrace error occurs