Create Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Installers
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are heading rapidly to become some of the most important operating systems created by Microsoft, taking software development and deployment in a bold new direction. Throughout these changes, assuring your existing applications install and run correctly on Windows 8/8.1 should be your top priority.
By employing the new features from both OSs, Advanced Installer will help your software integrate perfectly and your installers run flawlessly on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
Target Windows 8/8.1 with your installers
Starting with Windows 2000 all the way up to the latest Windows 8.1, Advanced Installer will assist you target any OS with your installers.
Ready to use launch conditions and prerequisites simplify the process:
- Minimum OS: Windows 8/Windows Server 2012
- Minimum OS: Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R2
- .NET Framework 4.5
- .NET Framework 4.5.1
- .NET Framework 4.5.2
- Internet Explorer 10
- Internet Explorer 11
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 8.0
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 8.5
- Windows Installer 5.0
Use Windows 8/8.1 features in your installers
Gain access to the latest Windows features, effortlessly attune your software with most modern devices:
- Visual Studio 2013 Extension for Advanced Installer
- Office 2013 installation support
- Shortcuts support:
- Prevent auto Pin to Start Menu (applies to Windows 8)
- Disable Pin to Taskbar
- Run as administrator
- Enable Windows Features for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Modern UI look and feel captured by the Surface Theme
Create or Import Windows Store Apps
Use a friendly GUI to package your applications for next generation deployment in Windows 8 and beyond with AppX.
Get the Windows 8/8.1 compatibility certification
Customer trust is the wide open door you need when delivering software and what better way to shine a first impression than to meet the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 “Desktop App Certification Program” requirements?
Advanced Installer assures out of the box compliance for every built setup package. The certification requirements are met by default just like they did for Windows 7 or Vista.