Advanced Installer 17.7 Release Notes
On November 25th, 2020 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 17.7 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Mitigate the security doubts and provide trust and warranty to users by adding an extra step to your application packaging process with Digital Signing.
Advanced Installer 17.7 enables you to use Device Guard Signing Service(DGSS) v2 to better manage code signing certificates and sign your packages, guaranteeing that your application comes from a trusted source.
Take a look at the following video to see how easily you can enable digital signing using DGSS v2 from Advanced Installer.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Support for digital signing using Device Guard Signing Service (DGSS) v2
- Import and Update support for handling JSON files
- New MSIX supported extensions: "Mutable Package Directories", "Installed Location Virtualization", "App Extension", "Host Runtime", "App Uri Handler"
- Virtual Machine deployment image customization
- Predefined launch conditions for Windows 10 version 20H2 (October 2020 Update)
- Predefined launch condition for ".NET Runtime 5.0"
- Predefined prerequisites for ".NET 5.0"
- Asynchronous build system
- PowerShell automation support for services
- Repackaging process monitor performance improvements
- Updated MSIX capabilities
- MSIX PRI Importer and Exporter support for embedded binary files
- Updated "MSIX Package" and "Desktop App Converter (UWP)" wizards
- Optimized project's build when using cached archives
- New option for searching videos in the left menu based on a keyword
- Repackager improvements to detect created users
- New Custom Properties IIS attribute "system.webServer/security/requestFiltering/removeServerHeader"
- UTF-8 support for a file of commands (.AIC file)
- Command-line support for MSIX project type
- When editing/importing a neutral MSIX package, the "Migration Uninstall Code" is generated
- "Quick MSI to MSIX" build fails with error reason: "violates minLength constraint of 1"
- "PopulateListBox" custom action fails silently
- "Execute custom action” event has empty dropdown control when a "Launch Attached File" custom action is used
- Feature identifier doesn't update
- The missing icon is not correctly located in the project
- Remove user interface limitation when using a formatted reference
- "Launch File" custom action failure is ignored when setup runs with the "Run as admin" option
- BrowseIIS custom action does not contain any title
- Error when opening an .aip file that contains a SharePoint solution
- Failure when building merge module projects with XML files updates
- Fixed crash when trying to add a new Com Interface
- Powershell automation fails to create a transform file
- "AI_DetectSoftware" fails to set search property used by predefined launch conditions
- "Move To Component" option freezes the application when dealing with a large number of files
- "AI_DETECTED_ALL" property is not removed from project after disabling "Analytics" option
- Fixed MSIX build deletion from project
- Visual Studio solution import failed